Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Cheerleader outfit question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I ordered the blue and gold cheerleader outfit last month when it was on sale (they're my old high school colors)--but I'm somewhat disappointed in the shade of "gold". It looks a lot paler in person than in the catalog and online pictures, where it looks more of a bright gold. Mine looks more like a pale yellow.
    Is it supposed to be this pale, or did I get a bad "dye lot" or something? Does anyone have any pictures of dolls in this outfit for comparison?
    If it's supposed to be this way, I'll keep it; but if it's really paler than normal, I'd rather exchange it for the proper color. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the same problem with mine. I too thought it was a bright yellow, and I was hugely upset when it was butter colored. It seems really silly to me that they would make it that color anyway, since school colors are always bright, especially since the shoes and the pom-poms have bright yellow; they just don't match the outfit!

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Blue and gold are our school colors, too and since 12yo DD is a cheerleader, we just had to have that outfit. The yellow is surprisingly dull. I hadn't really noticed until you asked so I just got it out and yes, it's pretty pale. Not pastel, just pale.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AngieBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Funny thing about the cheerleading costume...the original was red and white- my high school colors. The current one is my elementary school colors! hehe. I do own the original.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    bump! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for your answering posts--I'll be going to AGPC in a couple of weeks (As I've mentioned before about a thousand times!)--and I think I'll take the outfit with me, so if the outfits on display are any brighter, then I can exchange mine.

    If I don't see any on display, I'll ask a PS to show me some, to compare. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

    Meanwhile, does anybody have one of these outfits with a bright gold color? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •